Steve Fanning, plant manager
– Steve started working full-time for his dad, Ellsworth Fanning, at Edd’s Supplies in 1970. In 1972 Steve served in the United States Army for two years, returning to Edd’s after his service. Steve now enjoys working with his son, Nate Fanning, in the family business. Steve enjoys the operations side of things by serving customers hands-on. His favorite machine—the TerraGator®
Jeff Osborn, sales/agronomy
– Jeff joined Edd’s Supplies in 1987 after graduating from Purdue University in Ag Economics. Jeff grew up on a family farm in Poneto, IN, and worked for his dad’s ag distribution company in high school and college. The part of his job that Jeff enjoys most is walking fields and solving problems for customers.
Jim Young, terminal manager/accounts receivable and payable
– Jim grew up on a LaGrange County farm and graduated from Purdue University in 1989. Jim joined Edd’s Supplies in 1991 and began helping Ed with the bookkeeping. Jim’s favorite Edd’s Supplies memory is the first time he unloaded barges at SEE Terminal. Jim, Ellsworth, and another employee woke up at 4 a.m. thinking they missed the barge, only to discover it was still a couple hours away.
Jerry Needler, sales/applicator
– Jerry joined Edd’s Supplies in 1990 after managing an ag dealership in Elkhart County for over 20 years. Jerry sprays a lot of acres every spring and summer in one of the Stahley sprayers. Jerry enjoys the service side of working at Edd’s. Satisfying customers and helping them achieve their goals are his favorite parts of the job.
John Reffett, precision ag specialist/applicator
– John came to Edd’s Supplies in the fall of 2000. Under John’s leadership, the grid sampling program at Edd’s Supplies has grown to more than 30,000 acres annually. John enjoys working with farmers and being outdoors. His favorite part of the job is using what he learns with one customer to help another.
Nate Fanning, sales
– Nate first started working at Edd’s as a teenager, making deliveries during the summers. He went full-time in 2009 after graduating from Purdue University in 2008 with a degree in business management. Nate likes the family atmosphere and the fact that the employees get along—evidenced by a lot of laughing and joking. He has enjoyed learning the trade and working with the customers, and he feels you can’t find better people in any other industry.